Apple released Safari 5.1.4 for Windows as well as for OS X.
This update addresses a large number of bugs in Safari itself and in WebKit. Some of the issues fixed:
- Safari for Windows: An International Domain Name (IDN) issue with look alike characters. (I just patched Safari for OS X, and oddly, Safari still appears to render .com domains using international characters vs. punny-code. Firefox and Chrome do not show international characters for .com )
- All versions of Safari: While private browsing was active, sites were still recorded in the browsing history.
- 5 different cross site scripting vulnerabilities in WebKit
- a cookie disclosure vulnerability (WebKit)
- a cross origin issue in Webkit.
- 40 or more webkit issues that could lead to arbitrary code execution.
The update should be listed eventually at the standard Apple security URL: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222Defending Web Applications Security Essentials - SANS Munich July 2019
Mar 12th 2012
7 years ago