Last Updated: 2016-06-12 22:41:50 UTC
by Guy Bruneau (Version: 1)
After 4 years (previous version 1.3 Jun 2012), I'm releasing DNS Sinkhole version 2.0 in 64-bit only that can be used with either Bind or PowerDNS; containing the following changes:
- Updated to Slackware 14.1 with Linux kernel 3.10.17
- Added inetsim in the /opt directory as a limited alternative to collect redirected sinkhole information
- Updated PowerAdmin to version 2.1.7 with DNSSEC support
- Updated pdns to version 3.4.7
- Updated pdns-recursor to version 3.7.3
As per previous versions, you can update the Slackware OS packages with /root/slackupdate.sh shell script. All the custom packages I have created (CD Z directory) will be updated by executing /root/cust64update.sh shell script. I will update and release those as necessary.
I have terminated the maintenance of the 32-bit version but it is still available for download and the patches are still maintained by Slackware.
Happy hunting and host/domain sinking!