Threat Level: green Handler on Duty: Didier Stevens

SANS ISC: Google serving up malicious websites in Ads SANS ISC InfoSec Forums

Participate: Learn more about our honeypot network
https://isc.sans.edu/honeypot.html

Google serving up malicious websites in Ads
I recently had a user click on a Google ad in Chrome and get to a website that infected his computer. I was able to reproduce and bring up the link and domain that google ads was serving up. Has anyone else seen this from Google Ads?

I was able to reproduce by doing a search in Firefox for "Youtube" , Ads would show up above the actual links to Youtube. Most of the the links went to some website in Pakistan and then redirect to some wired Youtube video. The odd one would take you to an infected website and then infect your computer.
Anonymous

is it a chrome extension ? like free movies and stuff ? Alexander

2 Posts
Quoting Anonymous:I recently had a user click on a Google ad in Chrome and get to a website that infected his computer. I was able to reproduce and bring up the link and domain that google ads was serving up. Has anyone else seen this from Google Ads?

I was able to reproduce by doing a search in Firefox for "Youtube" , Ads would show up above the actual links to Youtube. Most of the the links went to some website in Pakistan and then redirect to some wired Youtube video. The odd one would take you to an infected website and then infect your computer.

is an extension ad ?
Alexander

2 Posts