Last Updated: 2008-07-07 22:24:57 UTC
by Jason Lam (Version: 1)
At SANS Internet Storm Center, we are always researching and monitoring the latest trends of attacks on the Internet. There are currently some research projects related to Web Security that are at infancy stage and would significantly benefit with the help of some research efforts. We have decided to open these opportunities up to the education communities. This will benefit the research projects and give students opportunities to be part of cutting edge research projects.
- College or University students
- Enrolled in an information security course which allows you to work on the ISC research projects as part of your assignment or term project
- A sponsor from the educational institute. This will likely be the professor of the information security course or program director. This requirement can be ignored for SANS Technology Institute students.
- Programming knowledge (PHP and Perl a big plus) and willingness to learn
- Knowledge of OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities
- 10 weeks projects with a total of 80-100 hours time commitment
Perks or sexiness
- Working with members of SANS ISC and SANS EDU faculty members
- Cutting edge research projects, you will learn a lot (drinking from the fire hose experience)
- Real world experience
- NONE, this is on a volunteer basis
- Apply through Email to email@example.com. Please include a short description of your background in point form
- There will be an interview stage before individuals are accepted for the projects
- Priority given to SANS Technology Institute students
- There will be evaluation during (mid-term) and after the duration of the project.
- Evaluation will be provided by a committee within SANS ISC and results will be provided to both the student and the sponsor.