|Location||US (work from home)|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||preferred but not required: GWEB, GWAP, GPYC|
|Contact Name||Johannes Ullrich|
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work on our Internet Storm Center. The SANS Internet Storm Center is an open global cybersecurity information-sharing organization. For the last 20 years, the Internet Storm Center has provided up-to-date intelligence on current threats networks face. To collect this information, we rely on hundreds of volunteers operating our sensors and a group of trusted "handlers" providing insight into current threats. This role is part of a collaborative team to discover, validate, and build the Internet Storm Center using the best product, agile, and DevOps practices.
Who is the SANS Institute?
Established in 1989 as a cooperative research and education organization, SANS has grown to become the most trusted and largest source for information security training and certification globally. SANS is known for providing in-depth intensive and immersive training delivered live or online. Learn more @ https://www.sans.org/about/why-sans.
Why would you want to work with us?
• Every person at SANS is working to fight the good fight every day. What we do matters. If you are looking for a job with real meaning and you like to work with people who care deeply about what they do, a position at SANS might be for you.
• We know that great teams are more successful than the sum of their individuals. Across all functions and roles, we value what each member brings to the table.
• We love learning. And we love working with people who love learning. Our industry changes every single day, so it’s critical for all of us to stay current with technology and the cybersphere.
• Developing software solutions as part of a cross-functional team
• Understanding the context of the SANS Business
• Communicating well with team members and manager
• Producing quality code with automated test coverage
• Producing technical documentation as needed
• Operating with a DevOps mentality of build & run applications
• Actively sharing in the responsibility for meeting team commitments
• Willingness to work across the full web stack to develop efficient solutions
• Initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes to solve problems
• Passion for implementing practical solutions and creating delightful customer experiences
• Desire to help implement reusable, scalable, maintainable, and well-tested solutions
• Interest in security-first mindset and secure coding practices
• Ability to operate respectfully and effectively as part of a team
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
You must have contributed to open source projects in the past. Please include links to relevant work (for example GitHub repository).
• BS or MS in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
• At least 3 years of experience designing and developing modern web software
• Basic understanding of modern development patterns and practices (Agile, OOP, APIs)
• Experience with React, Node, Python, PHP, AWS services, or other modern web technologies
• Deep understanding of computer networking systems and protocols