|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GCDA|
|Contact Name||Matthew Bullimore|
Job Family: IT
At GfK, we are on a mission to drive sustainable growth for our people, our clients, and the world around us. We combine prescriptive insights and consulting expertise to analyze, explain and predict what is happening in today’s fast-changing world.
Our employees, the shapers of tomorrow, are empowered to bring new bold ideas to life by connecting unique datasets, science, and digital research. We encourage innovation and offer global career and fast development opportunities. This is why the world’s largest companies and leading brands know GfK as their trusted partner.
- Develop and Implement innovative Splunk Cloud based solutions
- Develop processes, procedures, standards and operational plans
- Be responsible for improving upon existing processes and systems by utilizing critical thinking skills in disseminating information
- Provide industry standard expertise in the configuration, and operations of Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security on Splunk Cloud
- Develop customized dashboards for operations, security and management teams
- Review completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients
- Integrate Splunk with a wide variety of standard and legacy data sources like Web server logs, IPS Logs, DNS logs, a multitude of other log sources, Threat Intel feeds etc.,
- Participate in other Cyber Security projects as needed
- Work with other teams in a collaborative effort to support overall security efforts
- Develop use cases, data models, and connectors within splunk to help meet overall program objectives
- Leverage expertise with Splunk Search Language (SPL) to develop anomaly detection alerting logic in SPL and build dashboards for visualization
- Provide tier 2 support to Splunk incidents that are related to infrastructure ops
- Improve the Splunk deployments while integrating new tech and services
- Demonstrated experience in Splunk engineering and administration, including Splunk Enterprise Security.
- 5+ years of related information technology experience.
- At least 3+ years of work experience with Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security
- Expertise with creating rules and advanced logic within Splunk
- Strong understanding of SPL as well as ability to develop automated searches and applications using Python or bash/perl/shell scripting
- Knowledge of Splunk Enterprise Security, Splunk User Behavior Analytics, Splunk Machine Learning toolkit, Splunk Cloud, and Advanced Threat Analytics
- Experience in software development, system architecture, and/or database is a plus
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Flexible working hours and home office
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors
- Eco friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- Last but not least – GfK Sofia office is located close to the city center and easily accessible from any point by public transportation – 47A Tsarisgradsko Shose Blvd
- Information Security team bylaws including 10% of time for self directed study, expensing exam cost after passing, expensing one security membership one year & finishing at 4pm on Fridays.
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Don't meet every single requirement? Some people are less likely to apply unless they meet all the requirements listed in a job specification. GfK is looking for self-starters to join our innovative team keen to take on a new challenge. So, if you're excited about this role but your skills and experience don't align perfectly with every requirement we've listed, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. We are looking forward to meeting you!