|Company||Defense Point Security|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GCIH, GCIA or similar|
|Contact Name||Ryan Plas|
Do you want to work for a company that is passionate about security and has a fun, start-up culture with large company perks? Do you want to be in an environment where you will continuously learn new skills, grow and take on new opportunities due to the abundance of new projects on the horizon?
If you answered yes to these questions, this opportunity could be for you!
DPS is currently seeking a Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst in Washington, D.C.
Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst Job Responsibilities:
* IDS monitoring and analysis, network traffic and log analysis, prioritization and differentiation between potential intrusion attempts, determination of false alarms, insider threat and APT detection, and malware analysis/forensics
* Create and track investigations to resolution
* Compose security alert notifications
* Advise incident responders in the steps to take to investigate and resolve computer security incident
* Performs and evaluates information risk assessments. Designs, develops, and implements information security and disaster recovery programs in accordance with organizational information security standards. Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure
* A recognized expert in the area of information technology security. In addition to providing information technology assessments and analysis, is a capable of directing teams engaged in large scale, complex projects.
Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst Job Qualifications:
* This position requires US Citizenship due to our Federal contractual obligations
* Bachelor's degree
* 2-4 years related work experience, including prior experience working as a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC) analyst
* Experience with Anti-Virus, Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewalls, Active Directory, Web Proxies, Vulnerability Assessment tools and other security tools found in large enterprise network environments; along with experience working with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions
* Familiarity with various network and host-based security applications and tools, such as network and host assessment/scanning tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, and other security software packages
* Experience utilizing Splunk
Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst Preferred Qualification:
* The following certifications are strongly desired: GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), or other GIAC certifications
* Experience working within a government agency
* Digital Media Analysis (DMA) and prior computer forensics experience strongly desired