This listing has expired and therefore is not publicly viewable.
|Location||Fort Gordon, GA|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GSE, GCED, GICSP, GCED|
|Contact Name||Seth Wanger|
JOB TITLE: Cyber Security Analyst Expert
LOCATION: Fort Gordon, Augusta, GA
REPORTS TO: On-site Lead and/or Program Manager
SANS Institute (SANS) was established in 1989 as a cooperative research and education organization. In the next 25 years it grew to become the most trusted and, by far, the largest source for information security training and security certification in the world reaching more than 300,000 security professionals around the world today, with around 60,000 having been granted GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification – www.giac.org) security certifications – the leading certification that provides assurance to employers that their people and prospective hires can actually do the job. At the heart of SANS are the many security practitioners – from auditors and network administrators, to chief information security officers all sharing the lessons they learn and jointly finding solutions to the challenges they face – in varied global organizations from corporations to universities working together to help the entire information security community.
We are seeking a Cyber Security Analyst Expert to join our team within the Federal business unit. The primary goal of the position is to support the contractual obligations of our government contract with the U.S. Army, Fort Gordon Signal School. We are looking for an individual who has integrity, tenacity, humility, and desires to pursue excellence. The right individual would also be a self-starter who is adaptable, has excellent communication skills, can be relied on, is detailed oriented, and can work well individually or as part of a team. This position requires expert knowledge, experience and certifications in the field of cybersecurity outlined in detail below.
This position requires on-site presence at Fort Gordon in Augusta, GA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITES
• Develop, maintain and deliver lab exercise material in support of soldiers’ preparation for exams related to SANS training to maximize focused study and success on exams.
• Ensure labs and exercises are up to date and synchronized with the most recent versions of material.
• Improve course material, develop labs and exams for assigned subject matter.
• Develop and submit capstone events which assess whether students retained knowledge.
• Develop and maintain practical exercises (both graded and un-graded), capstone style assessments, self- study materials and practice exams.
• Provide documentation for Cyber Ranges in the form of references, configurations, operating instructions, frequently-asked questions (FAQ) data, how-to guides, etc.
• Track and secure data, information and/or systems as required.
• Provide technical coordination, scheduling, training material, exercise, and logistical support
• Develop, research, provide and maintain new and existing courseware; store courseware on Government provided shared servers or in Government-provided storage cabinets; provide supervision, planning timelines for development, revision, administration or instruction of related courseware and material within the Government specified timeframe
• Collect, maintain, and analyze student feedback on instructors, materials, and curricula; ensure that student feedback provides information on instructor capabilities, curriculum relevance, and course updates which address at a minimum: components recommended for sustainment, removal and/or addition to improve capability and functionality.
• Review speaker presentation materials to insure no classified or proprietary information is contained therein and that the materials are compatible with the existing classroom configuration
• Coordinate course and lab materials, exams and proctors, serve as an exam proctor.
• Collect and analyze course and student evaluations.
• Communicate training activities and exam access requirements.
• Assist students with course questions, enrollments, and exams.
• Manage and maintain a professional educational classroom experience and environment for soldiers.
• Work as part of a team which will include military, contractor, and/or civilian instructors.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Expert knowledge in the field of cybersecurity.
• Knowledge of Army cyber operations and training preferred.
• Ability to quickly comprehend complex concepts and implement them.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts and how they integrate with others.
• Ability to develop training automated labs, practical exercises, capstone style assessments and practice exams that reinforce concepts.
• Ability to present and instruct in a military environment for groups up to 30 students.
• Ability to prepare data center configurations across multiple cyber security subjects
• Ability to provide: network engineering drawings, logic flowcharts, architecture and administration services, design architectures, system monitoring and load balancing, enhanced network performance with applicable patches and upgrades as required by the data center.
• Knowledge and/or skills in the following areas:
• VMware® ESXi:
• Storage management – SAN maintenance and configuration, datapool configurations
• Virtual machine management - troubleshooting, powercli scripting to manage systems
• Administer and instruct on several versions of Linux: Ubuntu®, CentOS®, Debian®
• NTP, TACACS, syslog, DNS others as required by training materials
• Reinforce training by Developing, operating, maintaining Linux lab systems and Challenges/Checks on Learning/Quizzes/etc.
• Produce and execute Linux administration labs
• Network: Configuration Management, Network Engineering, Cisco®, Pfsense®, VPN
• Windows® Security: Administer Domains, Configure Global Policies (GPOs), Manage security groups
• Coding and Scripting: Coding Python®, Using PowerShell® for system management, using Bash and other command line shells
• Web Development: NodeJS®, NGINX®
• Hardware Support: Maintain physical infrastructure used to provide connectivity to the classrooms, and manage storage solutions (Dell® EC2®)
• Challenge Development:
• Create challenges and labs to correspond to training objectives
• Conduct Bro/Snort packet analysis
• Conduct Python®/scripting challenges
• Conduct device security challenges (hacking, capture the flag events)
• Other: Docker®, Security Onion®, Log management and event monitoring
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• A four-year degree with a focus on information security or related area of study.
• Minimum of 5 years of field experience in information security. Experience must be within the last ten years.
• Required certification(s) that align to IAT Technical Level III of the Department of Defense Directive 8570 baseline certifications. One or more of the following certifications will meet this requirement: GCED, GCIH, GICSP, CASP CE, CISA, CISSP.
• GSE prefered
• Ability to maintain industry-standard, nationally-recognized certifications.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• The duties of this position are primarily performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
• The candidate must be able to lift and move 50 pounds.
• Complete and maintain Army Annual Security Training (AT Level I, iWatch, TARP, OPSEC, etc.)
• SANS reserves the right to conduct a background investigation and/or reference check on all its potential employees. Your offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of such background investigation and/or reference check, if any, in the sole discretion of SANS. All such background investigations and/or reference checks shall be conducted in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
• In addition, hiring is conditional on passing the Army Fort Gordon Criminal History Check (CHC) and other local/on-base security requirements to work on Fort Gordon at the Signal School.
• Candidates will work as part of an integrated Army/Contractor team at the Fort Gordon, GA Army Signal Schoolhouse