|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GIAC, CISSP|
|Contact Name||Kelley Hoff, HR Mgr.|
The Global Information Security Administrator Team Lead will have the primary responsibility to oversee the daily work of the Global Information Security Administration Team in support of the day-to-day operations and efficacy of all Crane Co Global Information Security (GIS) infrastructure, applications, and tools. This role will also define and develop all related supporting processes and procedures for internal team work, as well as to the broader Crane Co IT community for all Global Infosec Solutions and in support of new projects and technologies.
As part of a small team with global responsibilities, the ideal candidate for this position will be driven, detail oriented, hands-on, proactive, and must be the subject matter expert in the configuration, deployment, and use of all security tools, related processes, and infrastructure supporting the information security stack. As a Team lead, you are part of the core leadership within the broader GIS team and must be effective in the ability to break down issues, and prioritize and direct the work of other team members.
In this role, the successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Information Security Officer, the Global Information Security Manager, and other members of the GIS team as well as security representatives across a distributed IT environment to ensure the overall health and availability of the global security stack. This role will also be responsible to develop regular reporting and metrics to identify the readiness of all GIS solutions and to ensure they are optimally configured to effectively support all aspects of the information security program including incident response, vulnerability management, and enterprise defense.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Mentor and Lead the Global Information Security Administration Team to develop skills and competencies within the GIS solution set.
· Review and prioritize all incoming support requests and distribute to team members for resolution.
· Ensure all support requests are met to support organizational and criticality needs, including directly contributing to daily work.
· Develop and implement standard work supporting the Global Information Security solutions and related IT systems as pertaining to the goals of the Infosec program.
· Provide technical support and escalation path for resolving issues within the Global Information Security Administration and broader GIS Team.
· Partner with business units to ensure optimal operations and configuration of centralized and decentralized security solutions and operations.
· Oversee solution provider trouble tickets to ensure all issues are addressed in a timely manner and in support of business/program needs.
· Engage solution providers to evaluate, identify, plan, and implement upgrades, patches and features enhancements.
· Develop, maintain and enhance related policies, documentation and procedures.
· Support and lead GIS team projects as identified and in support of the GIS program
· Assist in the identification, response, investigation, and remediation of security events and incidents as needed.
· Facilitate vulnerability scanning, reporting, and validation operations with business units and solution providers.
· Maintain and develop SLAs and monthly operational reporting and metrics on the effectiveness of security tools and processes.
· Ensure security best practices are identified and integrated into all approaches and methodologies.
· Provide input into the evaluation, planning, configuration, and implementation of both new and existing security initiatives.
Qualifications and Competencies:
· 5yrs experience with administering enterprise Information Technology systems including networks, virtualization, cloud, operating systems, email, storage, databases, application delivery, etc.
· 5yrs experience administering security operations and technologies such as firewalls, proxies, web and email filters, application whitelisting, breach detection systems, vulnerability scanning, syslog, IDS/IPS, DLP, etc.
· Comfortable with directing and leading the work of others.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a small, distributed team.
· Flexibility to work outside regularly scheduled/normal business hours as required.
· Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (est. no more than 10%).
· Familiarity with financial, privacy, as well as government regulatory requirements.
· Commitment to security training and earning corresponding certifications.
· Highly motivated and self-directed
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Passion for solving complex problems
· Project management experience
· Ability to prioritize, schedule and track to deadlines individual work and the work of others
· Required: Degree in a related field or at least 4 years relevant professional experience
· Desired: Technical professional security certification such as GIAC, CISSP similar
· US Person as defined under EAR PART 772 AND ITAR 120.15
*Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.