|Location||Arlington, VA or Remote|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GNFA, GCIA, GCIH|
|Contact Name||Bryan Scarbrough|
Senior Security Engineer, Network Security, who will be responsible for designing, building, and delivering significant components of Interos' threat hunting strategy and overall security posture. You will work on a cross-functional team with knowledge of security processes and procedures, best practices, perform in-depth and advanced analysis in the pursuit to prove or disprove malicious activity. Knowledge and experience with information security controls, infrastructure, implementation techniques, familiarity with adversarial techniques, and application and infrastructure assessment are critical components for this role. You will demonstrate organizational and cross-functional communication skills to drive investigations into threats throughout the organization.
- Help build the roadmap to better position Interos’ security posture, ensure that the organization is performing best practices, and work on implementation of policies with the Engineering Lead, CISO and other team members
- Investigate and defend the organization and guide internal teams to have a security-focused mindset
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences in varying level of technical communication
- Effectively communicate findings and strategy to client stakeholders, including technical staff, organizational leadership, and legal counsel
- See the larger picture when dealing with competing requirements and needs from across the teams in the organization to build consensus and drive results
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Conducts testing of network design.
- Responsible for monitoring network hardware operations to ensure properly set configuration options.
- Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network.
- Advises network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Bachelor (undergraduate) degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Software Engineer, Security, or others) OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in information security
- Knowledge of all domains within information security, especially defensive strategies, MSSP's
- 3+ years experience with more than one IDS/IPS, EDR, SIEM, and manual log analysis techniques
- 4+ years experience in Shell scripting or automation of tasks using Python
- Experience in application development using languages like Go, C/C++, or C# and source code review for control flow and security flaws
- Thorough understanding of network protocols, data on the wire, and covert channels
- Mastery of Unix/Linux/Mac/Windows operating systems, including Bash and Powershell
- Experience in scripting and configuration of SIEM tools
- Knowledge of web application logs and system event logs (Windows & *Nix)
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex, geographically dispersed organization
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, with minimal supervision to achieve assigned goals
- Eligibility to obtain a security clearance is preferred
Certifications in one or more of the following:
- Forensics background
- SANS GIAC Certification(s)
- Other cybersecurity offense / defense certifications