|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GSEC, GCIH|
|Contact Name||Andrea Zellner|
Information Systems Security Engineer
Location(s): Kirtland AFB –SAP / SCIF
Clearance Required: TS / SCI with SAP
Reports to: ARMADA HQ
Duties & Responsibilities:
The ISSE provides direct support and assistance in day-to-day administration of the ISS program. Experience and knowledge in accordance with DoD Directive 8570.01 and DoD 8570.01-M with SCI and SAP systems.
Information Systems Security (72%)
- Provide direct support and assistance in day-to-day administration of the Information Systems Security program.
- Provide guidance and assistance to subordinate units involved in SAP activities as necessary and provide technical review and recommend engineering solutions for all networks supporting SAPs.
- Perform all ISSO responsibilities for the DMOC and SAP enclave, unclassified development systems, and for externally managed systems that require an ISSO within the DMOC.
- Provide ISSO support for network interconnections to include releasable classified network connections.
-Establish and maintain enclave and network accreditation and special approval authorizations, as required, for all networked and stand-alone IS operating within the DMOC.
Hardware, Software and Media
- Maintain continuous positive control over all IS hardware, software and magnetic media entered into, and removed from, DMOC, and the DMOC.
- Execute audits on all DMOC, and DMOC computer / information systems IAW applicable policy directives.
-Perform and document initial training for all personnel prior to granting access to any classified IS.
Configuration Management (CM)
- Serve as a key member on each unit's CM Board and ensure CM is maintained and documented.
RMF - Continuous Monitoring Program
- Participate in the development and / or modification of the computer environment cybersecurity program and requirements according to DoD and AF Directives, Instructions, or Manuals.
Systems Administration. (28%)
Systems Administration Scope / Responsibilities
- Provide duties and responsibilities in accordance with DoD Directive 8570.01, DoD 8570.01-M and the 33-series AF Instructions / Manuals
Daily Systems Administration / Maintenance
- Perform daily administration and maintenance requirements for all permanent and exercise desktop and laptop computer workstations resident within each SAPF / SCIF.
- Maintain LAN servers, with minimum 98% network reliability for CAB.
Working Groups, Meetings & Conferences
- Support STO, CW, AF SAP and SCI interests as a member of the Wing’s Communication Systems Requirements Working Group
Security Education and Training Awareness (SETA). (.03%)
SETA Scope / Responsibilities
- Provide direct support and assistance in day-to-day administration of the overall SETA program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Ability to work as a team member, communicate, perform office functions and use office tools, customer focused and deliver exceptional performance
- Ability to implement RMF
- Ability to develop and implement information assurance guidance and execute ISS functions with little to no supervision
- Skilled in development and maintenance of comprehensive SSP and Profile Sheets
- Skilled in working SCI / SAP programs in operational, test, and exercise environments
- Knowledge of DoD Directive 8570.01, DoD 8570.01-M, ICD 503, the JSIG, RMF and the 33-series AF Instructions / Manuals
- Knowledge of SAP / SCI Cybersecurity measures.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II [Security + CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, SSCP, GICSP, GSEC] / Level III [CISSP, CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, GCED, GCIH]
Minimum Years’ Experience:
- 13 year’s relevant experience (6 specialized)