|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GSEC GCPM|
|Contact Name||Maarten Van Horenbeeck|
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Program Manager to join our growing Zendesk PMO to drive cross-functional programs for the Security Team.
This is a new role leading delivery of key security and compliance programs, which engage a wide cross section of internal and external constituent groups including Product, Legal, Engineering and Audit. You will work closely with the Zendesk CISO, senior Security leadership and staff to determine strategic priorities and programs. You will work with cross-functional teams to define goals and objectives for each strategic program and then execute effectively and efficiently, providing transparency and visibility to all involved team and levels of management. Zendesk’s Security Team is a friendly, global group that manages functions as diverse as product security, security operations, security sales support and security compliance. Our goal is to build trustworthy products and keep our customer’s data secure.
What you get to do every day:
- Partner closely with the Security Team and constituent groups to drive cross-functional programs with executive-level visibility.
- Bring structure to program definition, requirements gathering, design, implementation and, ultimately, operational excellence.
- Review security programs and processes, identify opportunities for improvement, and drive the implementation of them.
- Identify and track key milestones from program inception to program retrospective.
- Set up appropriate communications infrastructures to quarterly planning and individual program execution.
- Anticipate areas of risk and determine ways to mitigate them.
- Cultivate a culture of openness and transparency to increase the likelihood of program success.
- Live and breathe these words: Streamline, communicate, fill gaps, facilitate, and negotiate.
- Positively impact the effectiveness and efficiency of program team members.
What you bring to the role:
- A passion or background in information security, and ideally an industry certification in the field, such as GSEC, GCPM or CISSP
- Proven track record of setting up, defining and leading driving cross-functional programs for a fast-paced software company.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Program Management role.
- Experience working with and supporting a security team, and managing programs that increase the security of a service or software product, protect customer data or reduce overall business risk is greatly welcomed.
- Able to get to the heart of a problem and mobilize the right people to solve it.
- Extremely strong collaboration, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Facilitator of efficient and productive meetings that people look forward to attending!
- An understanding of the challenges faced by cross-geo teams and a willingness to solve them.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to follow and positively influence Program Management Office best practices.
- Experience with: Atlassian tool set (JIRA, Confluence).
- Experience supporting security engineering programs, such as vulnerability management, bug bounty - programs or security testing, or experience supporting compliance and audit preparation and assessments is not required, but a plus.