This listing has expired and therefore is not publicly viewable.
|Location||Remote/Work from home|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GWAPT, GCFE, GREM, GSSP (Java or .NET)|
|Contact Name||Andrew Williams|
The SANS Online Training Technical Director is a student-focused position responsible for all aspects of SANS Online information security training including courseware, labs, exercises, and quizzes to ensure the highest levels of quality, technical accuracy and student satisfaction possible. This role will define metrics for quality, develop and implement strategies to achieve these goals, and effectively communicate results of these activities across the company and to senior management.
The Technical Director will manage a team of Subject Matter Experts and Quality Analysts responsible for performing deeply technical quality assurance tests of all courseware components in curricula of Cyber Defense and Management, Penetration Testing, Digital Forensics, Software Security, and Industrial Control Systems. Additionally, the Technical Director will lead initiatives to engage and assist our students to ensure their mastery of our content and labs.
This role will work closely with SANS course authors, curriculum leads, and instructors. In this capacity the Technical Director will work as part of a cross-functional team to ensure the successful delivery of all courseware components including deployment of highly technical laboratory environments via SANS’ varied training modalities both live and online.
SANS is growing rapidly and the Technical Director will play a vital role in keeping the SANS promise that every student can take what they learn in our courses and use it on their job.
1. Establish and maintain a clear strategy to define quality metrics and ensure technical accuracy and completeness for all courseware components to exceed student expectations
2. Manage a team of Subject Matter Experts and Quality Analysts engaged in highly-technical courseware testing, quiz writing, and immersive student interactions
3. Collaborate with course authors, instructors, and curriculum leads to inform new course authoring and updates
4. Work as part of cross functional team to successfully deliver highly technical laboratory environments through a variety of training modalities
5. Effectively communicate activities of the team across the company and to senior management
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Preferred GIAC certifications: GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GWAPT, GCFE, GREM, GSSP (Java or .NET)
3. Minimum of five years in information security role
4. Proven track record of successfully managing staff
5. Deep understanding of digital forensics, penetration testing, cyber defense, and application security
6. Experienced with Windows, Linux/Unix, and Mac OS
7. Experienced using process improvement methodologies and tools, including statistical methodologies
8. Understanding of contemporary quality management principles and practices, and the ability to apply them to a wide variety of projects in a fast‐paced business environment
9. Ability to create and execute Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes on systems, networks, hardware, software, and data
10. Ability to interpret data that gauges the effectiveness and efficiency of processes, customer satisfaction, and product/service quality
11. Comfortable working in a virtual organization with some travel