|Company||ABB Power Grids Research|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GSE, GPEN, GICSP, GRID, GCIP, GDAT, GDSA|
Power Grids – Cyber Security Researcher
Do you want to apply your knowledge in science or engineering to make a real difference to the everyday quality of life for hundreds of millions of people worldwide?
With more than 35'000 employees, ABB Power Grids is the largest global supplier of products, systems and services for building and operating electric power infrastructure. At Power Grids Research, the globally distributed research organization of ABB Power Grids, we apply interdisciplinary knowledge to invent and design the power system of the future. In close collaboration with our business units, academia and customers, we aim to address societal challenges such as rising global energy demand, growing integration of renewable energy sources and climate change. We deliver innovations that ensure that electrical power is supplied reliably, efficiently and effectively.
Join us at Power Grids Research if you have outstanding scientific or technical expertise as well as drive and passion. Through your research projects you will build a company-wide contact network that will form the basis of your future career as technical or managerial leader in ABB Power Grids. Prior knowledge about power systems is welcome, but not a requirement.
For our research center in Krakow/Poland we are looking for multiple Cyber Security Researchers to be part of a newly built research team working on cyber security in power grid infrastructures.
• Develop security architectures for embedded systems and IoT/cloud applications and new security mechanisms customized to application domain and architecture
• Identify weaknesses in embedded systems and IoT/cloud applications by means of conceptual analysis of requirements, architecture and design documents as well as hands-on penetration testing
• Develop and audit processes for secure development and operations of critical infrastructure systems, participate in the development of standards and policies
• Advise R&D units on security weaknesses and mitigations and evangelize for security and support incident response teams with deep technical expertise
• Monitor the global IT security landscape for relevant developments
• Present findings and guidance to customer, suppliers, and partners
• Doctorate or MS degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant discipline
• Deep knowledge on security vulnerabilities and security measures
• Experience with penetration testing tools and ability to create own
• SW/HW development experience beneficial
• Windows and Linux system administration experience as well as experience with multiple programming languages beneficial
• Experience with industrial/utility domain, systems, and standards beneficial
• Relevant certifications (e.g. GIAC GSE, GPEN, GICSP, GRID, GCIP, GDAT, GDSA) welcome
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and good presentation skills
• Creativity to find innovative and realistic solutions to new (and old) challenges and desire to continuously improve yourself and the organization around you
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.