|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GIAC including but not limited to GSLC, GMON, GCIH, GCIA, GSLC|
|Contact Name||Joe Butler|
The Consulting Director Information Security Response executes the evaluation development implementation and monitoring of information security strategies tools and technologies for effectively detecting and responding to enterprise security incidents. A key aspect of this role is staying abreast of threat actor activity and leveraging an understanding of attacker behavior to drive investigations. This position interacts with CNA business leadership during stressful enterprise security incidents and is a key part of the daily security operations and security incident response teams and any remediation protocols. This position is a key member of incident management and is responsible for global incident handling and advanced analysis. This role is to be a subject matter expert capable of improving the end-to-end process of incident response.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
• Establishes and governs security event detection and cyber threat hunting capabilities and serves as the subject matter expert regarding all information security incident responses for the enterprise.
• Provides governance for and leads the information security response process; directs the response to escalated security events and drives the security incident response process.
• Leads the evaluation development and implementation of security standards procedures and guidelines for multiple system platforms across diverse application environments.
• Works with other senior IT and business leaders on potential data breaches. Works with E-Discovery and Forensics groups to support Human Resources Legal and other key stakeholders while maintaining appropriate chain of custody.
• Provides end-to-end problem management and root cause analysis for security incidents across the Enterprise. Works with forensic vendors penetration testers and strategic partners to architect advanced solutions to address issues.
• Performs and/or directs the independent analysis of complex problems and threats and provide clear and decisive mitigation strategies. This includes emulation of threat actor activity based off tactics techniques and procedures identified as indicators of compromise (IOCs).
• Actively provides consistent communication to key IT and business stakeholders on metrics and measures and the potential of new threats.
• Actively stays up to date on current attack risks and trends through independent and collaborative industry research. Works with IT Leadership to proactively develop and monitor information security strategies to protect the CNA IT enterprise from existing and future threats.
• May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically reports to Director or above.
Skills Knowledge & Abilities
• In depth understanding of SIEM operations and the CSIRT process
• Proven experience with industry standard security technologies such as advanced endpoint detection technologies threat intelligence aggregation tools open sourced investigative technologies EDR Technologies and threat hunting.
• Proven experience applying information security principles to secure platforms and prevent threats.
• Proven ability to interact effectively with senior business leadership to effectively resolve information security incidents when necessary.
• Working knowledge of regulations (e.g. SOX privacy etc.) and internal controls as they apply to IT.
• Strong understanding of malware in static and dynamic environments and mitigation strategies to protect against it.
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively communicate highly technical information to business leaders.
• Proven ability to influence change and adoption of information security protocols and concepts.
• Ability to work extremely well under pressure while maintaining a professional image and approach
• Preferred insurance industry knowledge.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent work experience. Master’s Degree in Computer Science or technical field preferred.
• Minimum of ten years of information security experience
• CISSP GIAC CISM or equivalent