|Location||Fredericton, NB, Canada|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GRID|
|Contact Name||Martin Otto|
- Responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the Operational Technology Security Operations Center (OT-SOC) including ensuring staff schedule is in place for 24/7 operations.
- Monitor and manage customer SLA compliance for the SOC
- Measure SOC performance metrics
- Lead monthly/quarterly review of SOC metrics with clients
- Work independently and/or collaboratively with management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures, and systems and to follow through with implementation
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework and review policies
- Act as liaison between the customers and technical team in a manner to create a positive working relationship resulting in customer satisfaction
- Facilitate workshops with industry stakeholders discussing trends, current security operations performance and security objectives
- Support with the documentation of incident response workflow
- Manage the escalation process and reviews incident reports
- Train and coach technical team members/analysts
- Contribute to improve ongoing activities to support process implementation
- Support Security Analysts with the monitoring of security alerts for various IT and OT assets within a 24/7 operational environment
- Assist with triaging of triggered alerts to identify potential security incidents and threats
- Support business development activities and perform pre-sales support activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a similar role
- Minimum of height (8) years of hands-on information security experience in an enterprise environment
- Extensive knowledge of information security fundamentals and Security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management and incident response processes and management
- All additional cybersecurity certifications will be considered a strong asset (e.g., GIAC GRID)
- Experience with automating processes using shell scripting and programming languages such as Python is an asset
- Strong stakeholder management skills to have urgent topics addressed in a timely manner
Explore our Digital World!
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop
tomorrow‘s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance: embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s
Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater
Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
As OT-SOC Manager, you will be joining the Siemens Critical Infrastructure Defense Center (CIDC). CIDC is a segment of the Power Technologies International business unit within Siemens Grid Software.
At the CIDC, we aim to solve operational technology (OT) cybersecurity challenges by taking a lifecycle approach that includes Security Management, Security Engineering, Security Testing, Security Operations, and Security Research and Development. Our security offerings are delivered to our clients through our consulting, professional, and managed security services.
As a new Siemens team member joining our Critical Infrastructure Defense Center (CIDC) segment, you will manage and ensure proper operations of the OT-SOC for our external clients. As a critical team member and technical subject matter expert, you will oversee all operations of the OT-SOC, and be highly engaged with customers from the scope/service agreement creation stage to the incident management and response step while ensuring compliance to the SLAs. The OT-SOC Manager will be managing the day-to-day operations of the Security Operations Center and staffing.
We are looking for an exceptional team player, self-starter, analytical individual with great communication skills as well as remarkable problem-solving and leadership skills. In addition, to be successful in this role, you must possess a strong technical background and extensive experience working in a SOC environment. This position is in Fredericton, NB, Canada, and
preference will be given to candidates located or willing to relocate in Fredericton.