These are a number of presentations and papers written by ISC handlers or written about the ISC and DShield. Note that not all of them are hosted on this site.
Webcasts / Podcasts
Flyers / Cheat Sheets
These flyers are intended to be printed on "legal size" paper (14 in x 8.5 in, or approx 25.6 cm x 21.6 cm). The ISC Flyer will be included in our next SANSFIRE mailing. If you would like to have one mailed to you, make sure your address is registered in the SANS Portal https://portal.sans.org and "Please include me in SANS Brochure mailings" is checked in preferences.
OWASP Top Ten Tools and Tactics - Russ McRee (Tuesday, July 10) Rob VandenBrink's ODB Presentation: view PDF presentation and download OBD scripts (Tuesday, July 10) Authentication Issues Between Entities During Protocol Message Exchange in SCADA Systems - Manuel Santander Pelaez (Thursday, July 12)
- FACEROUTE: Mapping and Harvesting Social Media Sites - Rob VandenBrink (Monday, July 18)
- Is IPv6 the Wolf in IPv4s Clothing? - Richard Porter (Tuesday, July 19)
- Cisco Malware: A new risk to consider in perimeter security designs - Manuel Humberto Santander Pelaez (Wednesday, July 20)
- Marten van Horenbeeck: Is Troy Burning. An overview of targeted trojan attacks.
- ISC Presentation, SANS London 2007
- Keynote: Networks under Fire, Johannes Ullrich
- Keynote: Network Early Warning Systems, Mike Poor (Opens in new window)
- 2nd Generation Honeyclients, Robert Danford
- Thwarting Virtual Machine Detection, Tom Liston & Ed Skoudis
- Malware Analysis: Lessons Learned, Pedro Bueno
- Malware Analysis: The Basics, Lorna Hutcheson
- Beyond the Perimeter: Architecture to the Rescue, Swa Frantzen.
- Sharing the Unverifiable: Predication Exchange, Jason Gordon (Opens in new window)
Other Recent Presentations
- Security Impact of IPv6, Amsterdam 2013 - Dr. Johannes Ullrich
- Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh'My - Richard Porter
- JPL Top Threats presentation 2012
- SANS Monterrey 2012: IPv6 Intrusion Detection Challenges
- SANS Network Security 2011, DNSSEC: Securing DNS
- Top 7 Threats (Infragard Jacksonville, May 27th 2011)
- SANS 2011, IPv6 talk (and don't forget to check out our IPv6 Summit)
- IPv6: The friend you didn't knew you had.
- Software Security Street Fighting Style: SANS 2010
- Summary Report of Denial of Service Attack against isc.sans.org on Jan 4th 2009
- SANS Sydney 2009, "Software Security Street Fighting Style"
- CDI 2008, "Current Threats", Dec 15th 2008
- Jacksonville IT Council (Nov. 25th 2008)
- Jacksonville Linux Users Group (JAXLUG) Presentation on PHP Webapplication Security
- The 5 Most Common Mistakes Made When Developing a Web Application
- SANS Toronto: Distributed Web Application Honeypot
- DNS Poisoning Summary
- Microsoft October Patches for Managers (Power Point), (PDF)
- First Things First. An Introduction to Network Security
- Windows Vista: First Steps (a follow on to our guide "Windows XP: Surviving the First Day")
- Presentations for a California State Senate hearing about Phishing and Spyware
- 6 Simple Steps to Beat Phishing
- IRC Bot Password List
- The Internet Storm Center: A Collaborative IDS
- Two Weeks in August (SANS New England 2003)
- The Shrinking Patch Windows. Observations from the Internet Storm Center (August 2004, MIT Security Camp)
- MyDOOM B Analysis
- MS03-039, Briefing for Managers