This listing has expired and therefore is not publicly viewable.
|Location||San Francisco, Denver, New York City, London, Portland|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GCIH GCIA GCFA|
|Contact Name||Maarten Van Horenbeeck|
As Manager of Infrastructure Security Engineering at Fastly you will manage and build Fastly’s team of infrastructure security engineers. We are looking for a manager with a track record of building teams responsible for all infrastructure security aspects of securing large distributed networks. Ideally, the manager will have hands on experience in security operations, DFIR or systems security, and is willing to mentor employees in these areas.
The manager will drive our infrastructure security efforts to help protect the biggest online platforms in the world, handling massive amounts of traffic at very low latency, for customers with diverse security requirements. The team is also responsible for protecting all elements of our global corporate network.
This is a role with a high impact, friendly security team. In addition to contributing to industry leading security products and services, you’ll make sure our customers benefit from a service built to the highest security standards in the industry. We’re in beautiful downtown San Francisco, but for the right candidate, we’re open to considering a remote position, and we have the team and tools in place to make it work.
Recruit, manage and develop a world class team that identifies appropriate security controls to protect customer services and our corporate network by:
- Designing security features and engineering security solutions for Fastly services
- Designing security controls for our corporate network
- Developing and implementing technical controls to meet and exceed compliance requirements
- Deploying security services such as authentication, intrusion detection, systems monitoring and network security controls
- Hunting for intrusions on our corporate network and production services
- Developing custom tools to test, monitor and enforce security across our systems and networks
- Researching security vulnerability disclosures and design and propose appropriate mitigations
A great candidate will have many of the following:
- Experience building and managing a team of deeply technical engineers
- Be passionate about security and protecting our customers
- Experience applying security engineering practices
- Experience with secure networking and secure systems management best practices
- Experience with high throughput real-time systems and/or content delivery networks preferred
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with attention to detail and the ability to dive deeply into issues
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, experience presenting complex ideas
- Excellent ability to build relationships with customers, security engineers and researchers