This listing has expired and therefore is not publicly viewable.
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GCIA GCIH GCFA|
|Contact Name||Maarten Van Horenbeeck|
The Senior Security Analyst proactively manages security events to reduce the impact of security incidents and system compromises. The successful candidate will provide security monitoring, threat analysis, trend analysis, troubleshooting of security device monitoring and incident investigation using infrastructure and applications logs from across the enterprise. In addition, the Senior Security Analyst role will also initiate and resolve security operation activities and serve as a technical leader for the operations team.
What you get to do every day :
- Act as a point of escalation for investigation of system and network security events.
- Architect, build, and support threat monitoring dashboards.
- Enhance the analysis of threat data and develop remediation strategies.
- Perform forensic investigations, identify attack vectors and mitigation tactics.
- Spread security awareness through tech talks, lunch and learns, and community involvement.
- Monitor and analyze network security events.
- Set up triggers and review daily security events generated by SIEM, IDS and other security monitoring and threat intelligence tools.
- Perform research and analysis required for egress filtering, managing IDS rules, and responding to malicious traffic.
- Take part in the on call rotation.
What you bring to the role:
- Minimum one year of prior hands-on experience with advanced SIEM.
- Experience configuring and using logging, monitoring and alerting solutions to identify security events.
- Conceptual knowledge on different areas of computer security (network, application, cryptography, forensics, incident response, etc.)
- Basic understanding of computer networks (VLAN, IP addressing, security zones of trust, etc.)Understanding of common security attacks (DNS cache poisoning, ARP spoofing, DDoS, XSS, CSRF, SQL Injection, etc.)
- Knowledge of *nix operating system and commands.
- Basic programming and scripting skills (includes ability to write regular expressions) (python, perl, bash, Ruby and/or other programming language).
- Excellent oral, written and documentation skills.
- Undergraduate degree required; B.S./B.A. Computer Science, Computer Engineering preferred.
- Professional security certifications are a plus
- Excited to learn, work, grow, and advance your career.