|Location||Bonita Springs, FL|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||CISSP CISM CRISC|
Herc Rentals is a premier full-line equipment-rental company — providing our customers the equipment solutions they need to get their work done safely, confidently and cost effectively, while enabling them to conserve capital for their growth investments.
With over 50 years of equipment-rental expertise, approximately 4,800 employees with approximately 275 company operated locations, principally in North America. Herc Rentals is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation; industrial & manufacturing; oil & gas; government & municipalities; construction, mining, & energy; remediation & restoration; emergency response; facilities; MRO; entertainment; and ground care.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on integrity, respect, teamwork, and accountability.
Herc Rentals Inc. is conducting a search for an experienced and highly qualified Director of Cybersecurity. The Director of Cybersecurity is responsible for establishing and maintaining the enterprise vision, strategy, architecture, as well as a multi-year roadmap that ensures that the company’s information assets are adequately protected.
The Director of Cybersecurity at Herc Rentals Inc. will,
• Establish a world-class information security capability at a growing company that is a leader in its field.
• Join an innovative team of leaders who work together toward a common goal.
• Be a key member of a successful and progressive IT leadership team.
• Participate in a work environment that promotes a culture of collegiality and respect.
• Build and lead a high performing team of information security professionals.
• Create a competitive advantage through exceptional information security for the enterprise.
• Develop and implement a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information.
• Lead the selection, implementation & administration of innovative cybersecurity technologies.
• Cross-department collaboration and communication to guarantee appropriate security processes, procedures and tools are installed, monitored, and effectively operating consistently and timely.
• Supervise the development of cybersecurity policies and standards that align to Herc Rentals’ security program and reflect the unique business needs and regulatory requirement of Herc Rentals while keeping pace with changes in business objectives, technology, regulation, industry practices and security threats.
• Strategy, planning, and operational excellence through continuous improvement & automation.
• Manages service levels, control effectiveness, control failure remediation, operational automation and oversight of information security team.
• Liaise with corporate compliance, audit, legal and HR management teams as required, including overseeing annual audits and reporting as required.
• Lead development and delivery of a responsive and effective cybersecurity operations capability that will identify, contain and resolve cybersecurity incidents by minimizing business impact and meeting compliance and reporting obligations.
• Promote a culture of information security across all business units.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Cybersecurity or related field.
• At least one of the following Industry-recognized information security management certifications is required; Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC).
• 5-7+ years of full time experience leading and managing information security professionals in an automotive, retail, industrial and/or service industry sector(s).
• 7-10+ years of full time experience in dedicated, technical information security roles.
• Deep understanding of cybersecurity and the relationship between threat, vulnerability and information value in the context of risk management.
• Track record of developing and implementing a comprehensive strategy and plan for managing cybersecurity across an enterprise.
• In-depth knowledge of applications, systems, network and data security, telecommunications, security operations, associated hardware, software and protocols.
• Knowledge of and experience with emerging technologies such as cloud, machine learning, artificial intelligence, telematics, IoT.
• Experience with incident response and analysis, preferably in a leadership role.
• Strong working knowledge with, but not limited to the following security controls: firewalls, IDS/IPS, anti-malware, encryption, DLP, SIEM, scanning tools.
• Knowledge of common cybersecurity standards such as ISO 27001/2, PCI DSS, NIST, and other current and emerging privacy and security laws and regulations (e.g., GDPR).
• Ability to communicate security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to skillfully hire, develop, lead, motivate, performance manage, and coach the Cybersecurity organization consisting of direct and indirect/matrixed reports.
Herc Rentals Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding career development opportunity, Herc Rentals is the right place for you! As an industry leader, we offer the opportunity for training, development, and advancement. Apply today to be part of a team built for success!
Herc Rentals is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.