This listing has expired and therefore is not publicly viewable.
|Location||Pleasanton, California (Bay Area)|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GSEC|
|Contact Name||Cian Young|
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday is looking for a security analyst to join the Security Operations team. This is an opportunity to contribute to a highly visible security operations function that is the first line of defense for Workday. Qualified candidates should have proven expertise in the following areas:
• Network and system security/administration
• Basic understanding of security threats and attacks
• Understanding context and events from system and security logs
• Tuning SIEM/security monitoring rules/alerts/reports
The candidate will investigate security events on the network. This will involve triaging events that come from any number of sources and working to understand the threat and ensuring any incidents get resolved or escalated accordingly. The candidate will also drive security monitoring tuning to ensure that false positives are tuned out.
• General understanding of network protocols
• General understanding of server operating systems, common appliances and virtualized infrastructure
• Operating knowledge of cloud security concepts, solutions and automation
• Experience in working with IDS/IPS/HIDS, Firewalls and SIM/SIEM systems
• Troubleshooting skills and mindset
• Technical expertise in security event analysis
• Experience in working across multiple teams
• Experience with desktop operating systems (windows, mac os, linux)
• Familiar with latest malicious code trends, exploits
• Industry certifications such as SANS GCIA, GCIH, CCNA, CISSP
• Working knowledge of Splunk and searching/reporting capabilities
Candidate must demonstrate experience in supporting high pressure work environments and be willing to work off-hours on a rotational basis.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or engineering with 2 years of experience in security operations.