|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GSLC, GCIH, GCFA, GNFA, GPEN, GWAPT, GICA, GMON, GDSA, ...|
Microsoft Federal Overview
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer. This organization is a first-of-its-kind for Microsoft, bringing together the expertise, knowledge, and insights across our teams. All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella, bringing the breadth and depth of our expertise into razor-sharp focus on serving the U.S. Federal Government.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its people in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
We aspire to:
• Deliver the best technology to enable mission-critical work
• Support fast-paced innovation with the U.S. Federal Government
• Drive focused, thoughtful, end-to-end delivery tailored to unique customer needs
• Continuously advance security processes within our long-standing engagement approach
What Joining The Microsoft Team Means
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, and security, data protection, and privacy are vital pillars in our mission. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Customer Success: Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Security Solution Area: Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their secure digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud security solutions and support offerings. Microsoft provides the most comprehensive, innovative, flexible, and Secure cloud platforms today. Microsoft is hiring security professionals to drive customer cloud security adoption for customers around the world.
Microsoft continues will invest over $20B over the next 5 years in cybersecurity, including providing our customers with services and solutions that integrate across the ecosystem by connecting all of your identities, endpoints, apps, emails, docs and clouds to help you close critical gaps in coverage, reduce risk, and save costs with a streamlined security portfolio.
Cloud Solution Architect Manager (Security)
As a Security Cloud Solution Architect Manager you will run a team of Security Cloud Solution Architects who enable customers to achieve their Security goals and outcomes - based on their investments in Microsoft technology. Leveraging your expertise of leading technical teams, you will drive the team to ensure customers get value from their Microsoft Security investments. You and your team will have responsibility for driving key security technologies and concepts such as Zero Trust, Threat Management, Soc Monitoring (SIEM / SOAR), Extended Detection & Response (XDR), Cloud Security, and Identity and Access Management.
• Hire, on-board, develop, coach, mentor and evaluate Security Architects and Engineers. Set a clear bar for role excellence, collaboration, and delivering impact.
• Build and maintain a diverse and inclusive team of strong Security professionals with a passion for exceeding customer expectations.
• Develop teams that incorporate a mix of expertise across Microsoft Azure and M365 E5 Security/Compliance Services including ID and Access management, Threat Protection, Cloud Security, Information Protection and Governance, Risk Management and Compliance Management – while ensuring that all team members can land an end-to-end security value prop (i.e. Zero Trust).
• Must possess exceptional cross-team collaboration and communication. Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders to land and drive role clarity, account coverage, project assignment and effective cross-team collaboration
• Enable your team to establish customer relationships with executives in security roles while establishing your own. The goal is to create a comprehensive partnership with the customer throughout their ownership lifecycle that maximizes usage.
• Ensure your team delivers high quality production deployments that are resilient and successful.
• Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption opportunity management and high-quality reporting and insights.
• Engage with the area’s most strategic customers as executive sponsor to accelerate security journey and help customers improve security posture.
• Customer Satisfaction – Lead your team to deliver positive Customer Satisfaction, and coach them to become trusted advisors to customers and partners, by leveraging Security expertise to enable defined Customer Success Plan outcomes.
• Customer/Partner Insights: Coach the team to provide feedback & insights from customers/partners back to the relevant MS teams including Product Groups, to enable continuous improvement.
• Manage the consumption business of Solutions and Support to achieve the business goals and deliver customer value: Coach the team to develop opportunities to drive Customer Success business results by working with technical decision makers to ensure they understand Microsoft's security value proposition and get value from their investment in the Microsoft technology through deep business understanding of the solution plays and customer scenarios for your solution area
• Accelerate Resolution of Customer Blockers: Coach the team to identify resolutions to issues blocking go-live of customer success projects by leveraging security technical subject matter expertise. Support them to lead the technical conversations with customers to drive value from their MS investments, by delivering all work according to MS best practices & policies and using repeatable IP.
• Model our culture and values by leading your team through change, helping them understand the business model and/or role changes
• Coach your team on driving customer outcomes to help your team adapt and learn
• Care for your team by engaging in skills and capability discussions, understanding each individual's unique talents, and building the right mix of skills to achieve your business goals
• Learn It All: Role model the Self Learner mindest through continuous alignment of individual & team’s skilling to team/area demands and Customer Success goals
• Accelerate customer outcomes: Coach your team to engage in relevant communities to share expertise, contribute to IP creation, priotitize IP re-sure and learn from others to help accelerate your customers transformation journey.
• Experience in technical sales, engineering, or consultative delivery.
• Management. Experience or aptitude for people management.
• Change. Experience or aptitude for driving change management or technical adoption.
• Collaboration. Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers.
• Communication. Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to map the customer’s needs to technical solutions.
• Strong technical understanding of security industry and competitive solutions.
• Ability to stay up to date on new/improved security scenarios and solution.
• Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results.
• Demonstrated Technical leadership through prior technical coaching/leadership roles
• Ability to act on Customer Escalation needs, Unblock the customer through orchestration of right resources at the right time.
• Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Microsoft Security Technologies, Cloud Security, OCSP, GIAC Certifications, CCSP Network Security, Incident Response preferred.
• Experience. 7+ years of experience in technical sales, engineering, or consultative delivery.
• Management. 7+ years of experience in people management.
• Change. 5+ years of experience driving change management or technical adoption.
• Strong technical understanding of Microsoft Security Solutions.
• Deliver the end-to-end security story for Microsoft, highlighting the value proposition.
• Apply design thinking methodology to construct architectures that drive value for the customer, incorporating policies, governance, and customer systems into the overall framework.
• Experience in security and expertise around related technologies and concepts such as Zero Trust, threat management, SOC monitoring (SIEM / SOAR), and Extended Detection & Response (XDR) + SIEM, Cloud Security, and Identity.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field preferred.
• Understanding customer business outcomes, helping them define the value of the outcomes, aligned to industry outcomes, and assessing the value of the solution.
• Preferred Specialty Experiences:
o Experience and understanding of sales processes, tools, and operations
o Experience driving usage of cloud technologies, helping customers realize value from their investments
o Experience or ability to provide thought leadership to incubate new capabilities or services
Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. This position requires approximately 25% overnight travel if you reside or are willing to relocate within commuting distance to the work. This position may require up to 75% overnight travel if you are not within commuting distance to the work.
This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Clearance: The successful candidate must be clearable with a preference for an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance with preference for HIGHER. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.