This listing has expired and therefore is not publicly viewable.
|Company||Defense Point Security|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GCIH, GCIA or similar|
|Contact Name||Ryan Plas|
Do you want to work for a company that is passionate about security and has a fun, start-up culture with large company perks? Do you want to be in an environment where you will continuously learn new skills, grow and take on new opportunities due to the abundance of new projects on the horizon?
If you answered yes to these questions, this opportunity could be for you!
Defense Point Security is currently seeking a Senior Cyber SOC Analyst for an opening in Washington, D.C.
Senior Cyber SOC Analyst Job Responsibilities:
* Supports development of technical solutions to support client's requirements in solving moderately complex network, platform, and system security problems. Typical focus areas include analytical and engineering solutions based on federal and industry information security policy, doctrine, and regulations.
* Responsibilities include secure system engineering, development and monitoring.
* Provides IDS monitoring and analysis, network traffic and log analysis, prioritization and differentiation between potential intrusion attempts, determination of false alarms, insider threat and APT detection, and malware analysis/forensics.
* Creates and tracks investigations to resolution.
* Composes security alert notifications.
* Advises incident responders in the steps to take to investigate and resolve computer security incidents.
Senior Cyber SOC Analyst Job Qualifications:
* This position requires U.S. Citizenship due to our Federal contractual obligation
* Bachelor's degree
* 7 years related work experience, including prior experience working as a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC) analyst.
* Experience applying enterprise-wide set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems on an enterprise-wide basis or across a major sector of the enterprise.
* Experience developing analytical and computational techniques and methodologies for problem solutions.
* Experience performing enterprise wide strategic systems planning, business information planning, business and analysis.
* Experience performing process and data modeling in support of the planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools.
* Experience applying reverse engineering and re- engineering disciplines to develop migration strategic and planning documents.
* Experience providing technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools.
* Experience with Anti-Virus, Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewalls, Active Directory, Web Proxies, Vulnerability Assessment tools and other security tools found in large enterprise network environments; along with experience working with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions.
* Familiarity with various network and host-based security applications and tools, such as network and host assessment/scanning tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, and other security software packages.
* Experience utilizing Splunk
* The following certifications are strongly desired: GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), or other GIAC certifications