Daylight Saving Time Reminder for North America (with some exceptions)

Published: 2007-11-04
Last Updated: 2007-11-05 15:31:25 UTC
by Kevin Liston (Version: 3)
0 comment(s)

A last minute reminder that in some regions (including the United States, Canada, the Bahamas, Bermuda, and the French territory of Saint Pierre and Miquelon, and likely others that I have missed) the clocks will be set back.  See Marcus' entry from last week for more details.

Be sure to check your appliances, unpatched computers and PDAs.  It's also a good time to change the batteries in your fire/smoke alarms.

UPDATE:  Alan wrote in to note that his AT&T/Cigular phone hasn't updated its clock.  I looked at my own Verizon phone to discover that it, too, hasn't updated the time properly.  I guess they didn't get Marcus' note. :-)  If your phone hasn't reset properly, reboot it.

UPDATE: A different Alan wrote in to share the trouble that Symantec Backup Exec and APC Powerchute did not interact well with the change. So in addition to changing the batteries in your smoke alarms, verify your backup tapes too. :-)

Update: Dave wrote in that some phones will reset the time as a new call comes in. So just calling yourself will fix various cell phone time issues. I personally found this true for some land line phones as well. These phones use caller ID data to set the time and of course, caller ID data is only received if there is a call coming in.

Keywords:
0 comment(s)

Comments

Diary Archives