New Challenge: Hack Bill!

Published: 2006-07-19
Last Updated: 2006-07-19 12:31:37 UTC
by Ed Skoudis (Version: 1)
0 comment(s)
I'm really happy to announce that my buddy and fellow ISC handler Mike Poor wrote a new movie-themed security challenge.  These challenges are designed to test your incident handling and security skills, in a fun and playful way.  I've written 17 of them myself, and now, I've invited some of my friends to write them.

Mike's handiwork is based on the _Kill_Bill_ movie by Quentin Tarantino.  He calls it, appropriately enough, _Hack_Bill_.  Read the challenge here, and submit your answers by July 31 to win a fine prize (an autographed copy of Counter Hack Reloaded, signed by Mike and me).  This one tests some nifty UNIX skills... and even if you don't know all of the answers, enter anyway.  We'll give away prizes to the best technical and creative answers, as well as one drawn randomly from all entrants.

BTW, look carefully at those UNIX commands in the challenge.  Several people have written thinking that there are mistakes in these commands.  There are not.  Each one is carefully calibrated to test your knowledge.  :)
Keywords:
0 comment(s)

Comments

Diary Archives